WALLA WALLA VALLEY EARLY LEARNING COALITION
The local Early Learning Coalition works as a hub of information for teachers, parents, and policy makers. In addition to this, the coalition works to ensure that Early Learning is a priority in the way community resources are allocated at the state and local levels.
WASHINGTON STATE DEPARTMENT OF EARLY LEARNING (DEL)
TKP is licensed through the Washington State Department of Early Learning (DEL). TKP complies with all laws and regulations governing WA State licensed childcare facilities. Annual inspection and compliance reports are available to families upon request.
WASHINGTON STATE EARLY LEARNING GUIDELINES
TKP uses Washington State Early Learning Guidelines to inform curriculum development.
EARLY ACHIEVERS PARTICIPATION
TKP participates in Early Achievers, a quality rating improvement system managed through Child Care Aware of Washington. Every three years, TKP teachers and classrooms are observed. The observation leads to a rating score of 1-5. Parents must sign an acknowledgement where they can choose whether or not they want their child present during data collection periods.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE EDUCATION OF YOUNG CHILDREN (NAEYC)
All employees of TKP follow the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment. More information from NAEYC isavailable at <naeyc.org>.
More Information on the Reggio Emilia Approach to Education
Social and Emotional Development
Resiliency to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) & Early Childhood Education
“To overcome adversities, children draw from three sources of resilience features labelled: I HAVE, I AM, I CAN. What they draw from each of the three sources may be described as follows":
- People around me I trust and who love me, no matter what
- People who set limits for me so I know when to stop before there is danger or trouble
- People who show me how to do things right by the way they do things
- People who want me to learn to do things on my own
- People who help me when I am sick, in danger or need to learn
- A person people can like and love
- Glad to do nice things for others and show my concern
- Respectful of myself and others
- Willing to be responsible for what I do
- Sure things will be all right
- Talk to others about things that frighten me or bother me
- Find ways to solve problems that I face
- Control myself when I feel like doing something not right or dangerous
- Figure out when it is a good time to talk to someone or to take action
- Find someone to help me when I need it “from International Resiliency Project “A Guide to Promoting Resilience in Children: Strengthening the Human Spirit”
For more information visit: Resilience Trumps Aces.